On January 11th at the Prevention Day, 53 state partners exhibited, demonstrating the wealth of support for prevention efforts and the numerous mental health resources available in West Virginia. Tiffany Pittman and Crystal Criswell of the Marshall University School Health Technical Assistance Center (MUSHTAC) represented the West Virginia Expanded School Mental Health (WVESMH) projects. There were 230 attendees and many visited the WVESMH table to obtain fact sheets and rack cards or to subscribe to the WVESMH newsletter.
There were 211 Livestream Views to watch the speakers, who included:
- Tahnee Bryant, WVDHHR Bureau for Behavioral Health, Office of Children, Youth and Families
- Amy Saunders, Managing Director, Marshall University Center of Excellence for Recovery; Prevention Subcommittee Chair, Governor’s Council on Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
- Lori Garrett-Bumba, WV Certification Board for Addiction & Prevention Professionals
- Barri Sky Faucett, Director, Prevent Suicide WV
- Taylor Brown, Collegiate-SPF-PFS Student Leader, Concord University
- Carley Knuckles –Collegiate-SPF-PFS Student Leader, WVU Institute of Technology