Use PRIDE month to learn how to better support your LGBTQ+ students.
- Start by learning about and implementing these “5 Things You Can Do to Support Your LBGTQ+ Students”.
- Read up about the experiences of LGBTQ+ youth in schools.
- Participate in the Time Out Youth LGBTQ+ Workshops: Summer Series (101 and 201) to learn more about supporting students. Each session is offered on multiple dates.
- Attend the Serving and Supporting LGBTQ+ Youth and Young Adults webinar to explore behavioral health disparities, the unique barriers to care this populations’ experiences, and strategies for being a more effective advocate and ally. Free. June 22.
- Participate in the “Black Pride: Promoting Academic Excellence for Black LGBTQI+ Students” webinar offered by the U.S. Department of Education on June 23.
- Plan now to use the Local School Climate Survey (LSCS) in the Fall 2023 semester. It was developed by GLSEN’s Research Department to assess the safety and overall environment of their local schools or communities using surveys of students.