The Youth Leadership Association works to prepare the next generation of community, civic, and business leaders in Ohio and West Virginia. YLA’s five pillars are Leadership, Character, Service, Entrepreneurship, and Philanthropy. Through local YLA Chapters and various engaging programs, YLA provides opportunities for leadership and service to anyone who joins. There are currently 25 active YLA programs in WV, but those who are unaffiliated and unfamiliar with YLA are encouraged to attend the conference to learn more. Register for YLA’s Fall Leadership Conference by October 25, 2023.
When: November 10-12, 2023
Where: Jackson’s Mill – Weston, WV
Who Should Attend: The conference is open to middle school or high school students interested in taking an active role in their communities, as well as their advisors and any adults who serve them.
By attending, you will gain:
- Enhanced communication skills
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Connection with youth from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Engagement with a positive community focused on serving their communities
- Civic education
- Training in areas such as public speaking, community service, effective leadership, and entrepreneurship
- Insight into life-changing opportunities and community
Fee: Includes five meals, two nights lodging, and the program. Fees paid by Oct. 25 are $165 per student and $120 per adult for affiliated YLA members. Unaffiliated pay $190 per student and $145 per adult. For adults, a room in the Lodge is available for an additional cost. A late fee of $25 will be added if the fee is not paid by the deadline.
Learn more about the Youth Leadership Association and the Fall Conference here.