The Central East MHTTC in collaboration with the National Center for School Mental Health is pleased to offer a school mental health virtual learning series with a focus on advancing high-quality, sustainable school mental health from a multitiered system of support, trauma-sensitive, culturally responsive, and equitable lens. To familiarize yourself with the foundations of school mental health, please review the school mental health guidance document.
- July 11th, 3:00-4:00pm Eastern: Seeing Ourselves Alongside (not Beyond) Our LGBTQ+ Students: Self-Aware Frameworks for Inclusivity – Register Here
- August 8th, 3:00-4:00pm Eastern: Understanding and Responding to Policies that Impact LGBTQ+ Youth Mental Health – Register Here
Who Should Attend?
Educators, Administrators, Health & Behavioral Health Care Professionals, Region 3 Project AWARE Grantees, Policymakers, Advocates, and Child-Serving Agency Staff
- Gain increased awareness of school well-being within a multi-tiered system of school mental health supports and services
- Support trauma-informed systems in schools
- Learn to provide more culturally responsive and equitable services and supports
- Hear perspectives on school mental health from school, district, and state levels
- Increase understanding of strengths-based practices that promote student academic and social-emotional-behavioral success
- Obtain insight into how youth, families, schools, and communities can best work together to address student mental health needs